About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Liquid Lacquer Quarter Life Crisis



“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”

-Albert Einstein

Polish Information: This post features Liquid Lacquer Quarter Life Crisis- a glitter topper composed of pink circles, black circles, green holo circles, and bright green and gun metal hexes. As far as working with it, it was a bit difficult to get the larger glitters out, and they all seemed to want to stay in the same place, so I had to bring out a toothpick to push them into slightly better configurations. The best part was that they did not sink at all in the bottle- her base holds the glitter up really well!


I also LOVE the name. (Happy late birthday, Melissa!!) I had a "quarter life crisis" when I turned 25 as well. I spent months freaking out about it. 25 sounds so old!! The only good thing about turning 25 is that you no longer have to pay a huge fee to rent a car- but you also no longer volunteer information about your age after that point either! :-P Alright, onto the polish pics!

First, I want to show you the colors I tried it over. From L-R: Zoya Raven, Julep Lena, Julep Abbie, and Zoya Purity. I wanted to try a few different options.


Undies (L-R): Zoya Raven; Julep Lena, Julep Abbie, Zoya Purity.

Then I added two very thick coats of Quarter Life Crisis:


Polishes from above with QLC over them.

Again, 2 coats of QLC over the colors from before!

I LOVED the pointer finger with the black the most, so I ended up taking off the others and doing them all over 2 coats of Zoya Raven.

2 coats Zoya Raven with 2 very thick coats QLC.

2 coats Zoya Raven with 2 very thick coats QLC.

Single finger zoom in of 2 coats Zoya Raven with 2 very thick coats QLC.

Finally, I'm going to show what happened when I moved my hand a little as I was taking a photo. The colors seemed just right enough to remind me of Star Trek space travel. Maybe it's just me- and maybe Star Trek is just on my mind since the new movie is being released this weekend (and someone is really excited about it!!).  Anyway, do you see it too?

Star Trek anyone?

Final thoughts: Although I am not a huge glitter topper fan, I really enjoyed this one over black! It was pretty and a hit for me! It was a little difficult to spread, but not too bad, and the end result was super-fun! Which colors would you wear it over? Would you do it in a jelly sandwich?

If you want to buy Liquid Lacquer, go to her shop here! As a note: I purchased these polishes at a discount for review! Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3