About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Flower Nail Art

Chances are, if you are in the nail world, you felt the waves from the idea of Jelly Sandwich nail art! It was inspired by Girly Bits posting of this image:
This image was eventually traced back to a Reddit post by Vicki who used Zoya Frida.

I loved this look so much I decided to give it a try myself.  Unfortunately, I had decided that I wasn't a fan of jellies, so I couldn't find one- until I realized that Julep Lauren is a jelly!  It was a bit thicker than Zoya Frida, so I tried to make the coats very thin.  I used Zoya Blu to make the flowers with a dotting tool (5 dots in a circle).  Here were my results:




The best part about this mani was that the jelly coverage was very forgiving of my lack of dotting skills.  Not sure if you can see, but the under-flowers are kind of like weird amoebas.  But by the time I got to the top layer, my flowers were resembling flowers! Practice! I did a layer of Butter London basecoat, a layer of Julep Lauren, some Zoya Blu flowers, another layer of Julep Lauren, some more Zoya Blu flowers, another layer of Julep Lauren, and topped with Zoya Blu flowers.  Here are some closer photos of individual nails, so you can see the depth better:





6 comments:

  1. I need to invest in a jelly. Thank you for the in-depth (no pun intended) instructions. I'll have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment, Julie! Haha, I like the pun though. ;)

      It's a lot easier than it appears, so it's definitely worth a try! :) There are a bunch of jellies out there- I think some of the Zoya ones are the "most" jelly in terms of nail art/jelly sandwiches- I've been thinking about getting some of those again for just that reason! :)

      Thanks again for reading and commenting!!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful manicure!! I love this :) Thank you for sharing, I will try soon

    moietmesvernis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment! I loved it a lot too! :) It was much easier than I anticipated, and hopefully you'll find the same! :) Thanks again! <3

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Me too! It's such a great summery color!! :)

      Delete

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3