About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Literary Lacquers As the Waltz Was Ending



"As The Waltz Was Ending is one of my favorite books! I am a History Professor outside of my polish life and I knew I wanted a book with a historical reference. Waltz is set in Vienna, my favorite city, during World War 2 and the main character (also the author) is a young girl who loves ballet and immerses herself in dance as the war erupts around her. I love pink polish, and I knew a dainty, girly, strong, and bright color was a perfect shade to capture for this book, and I believe this polish captures it perfectly. Hope you all love it as much as I do (and go read the book!!)!"

-Lacey, from her description of the polish



Polish Information: This beauty is Literary Lacquers As the Waltz Was Ending, from her Community Collection. It's a pink-purple holographic. This was full coverage in two coats. I used three just to make sure. I actually ended up wearing it for 3 weeks (with a couple extra applications), because life got me busy and then I had some camera issues. Wear was not bad. It took about 2 full days before I started getting chips, and about 4 days before I was missing chunks. I loved the color on me though, which isn't usually the case with light purples! Don't get me started on the nubbins. All I'll say is that winter this year is the worst.

As the Waltz Was Ending indoors, no flash

As the Waltz Was Ending indoors, no flash

As the Waltz Was Ending indoors, no flash

As the Waltz Was Ending indoors, no flash. Pinkie looks awkward to try to get the holo to come out!

As the Waltz Was Ending outdoors in the shade
Final thoughts: I really liked this one- it was a lovely, subtle color, with a bit of a holo flair in the right light. It was fun to wear, and I am glad my technological issues are finally over and it's up to share with you! This is a beauty! Good coverage also (2 coats to full coverage!!). Heads up- next post will have a GIVEAWAY from this collection- YAY!

If you'd like your own, check out Literary Lacquers on facebook here or go to her shop here. Please note that this polish was sent to me for being a part of the community collection and for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3