About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

NailNation3000 Alison and Sun Goddess

I have two new- my first and only- NailNation3000 polishes up for review today!  Sun Goddess is a shimmery yellow polish and Alison is a hot pink with black and iridescent glitters.  First, the bottles:

NailNation3000 Alison (left) and Sun Goddess (right)
NailNation3000 bottles from the bottom.

The bottles are cute, but the lids are a bit big and awkward to hold.  I didn't have much of a problem painting with them, but the lid did slip out of my fingers due to its size once or twice (minor rug casualties).  The brush was bigger than I would expect with a squat bottle, but that meant it only took me 2-3 strokes total to cover my nails (one for the pinkie).  After I finished painting, I noticed the lids could be pulled up and off to reveal a smaller, much easier to handle black brush lid (D'oh!):

NailNation3000 Sun Goddess with the silver cap popped off.

I wish I had noticed that sooner! My rug may not have suffered. ;)  Alas, its had worse (as I am not always the most coordinated!).  I'm going to start with Alison, since yellows are my absolute favorites, and I want to save Sun Goddess for last.  Here is Alison, 2 coats with Butter London base and top coat:

NailNation3000 Alison (2 coats)

NailNation3000 Alison (2 coats) in the sunlight.

Something I could not totally capture (you can see it a bit in the middle finger on the top one) in these photos is a slight shimmer that showed up in direct sunlight with Alison.  The hot pink was awesome!! However, the glitter was a little bit difficult.  It did not spread as well as I could hope and sunk in the bottle quite a bit.  Overall, I still liked it a lot anyway- I'm not a huge black glitter person, so the sparse look I got was more than enough for me!  Here are a couple more shots of just one finger to hopefully show more detail:

NailNation3000 Alison- with the blur, can you see the shimmer?

NailNation3000 Alison 2 coats to show more detail.

Finally, on to Sun Goddess! This was much more sheer than I was expecting, so after the first two fingers, I decided to show it as a topper.  Pointer and Middle fingers are two thin coats and one thick coat over Butter London basecoat, Ring finger is one coat over one coat Zoya Raven and Butter London base coat, and Pinkie finger is one coat over one coat Zoya Purity and Butter London basecoat.

NailNation3000 Sun Goddess (SG; from L-R): 3 coats SG; 3 coats SG; 1 coat SG over 1 coat Zoya Raven; 1 coat SG over 1 coat Zoya Purity.

It has an almost holographic shimmer to it that I will try to show with a little bit of blur to the photo:

Same as above with NailNation3000 Sun Goddess, but blurred- look at that gorgeous shine!

My favorite of all these nails is definitely of it over white- it looks amazing over white!! I loved that pinkie nail and when I have more time, I'll be wearing Sun Goddess that way in the future.
NailNation3000 Sun Goddess- 3 coats on its own.

NailNation3000 Sun Goddess- 1 coat over 1 coat Zoya Raven.

NailNation3000 Sun Goddess- 1 coat over 1 coat Zoya Purity. This was my favorite look!

Final thoughts: I really like these two polishes and would definitely be wearing Sun Goddess in the future.  Alison probably too- especially on days when I am craving some hot pink (and yeah, that happens).  The formula was good overall and they are lovely polishes! I'd definitely be up for trying some other NailNation3000 polishes in the future!

16 comments:

  1. your pictures and description were very helpful for me to imagine these polishes and think about how I would use them. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and commenting! <3

      Delete
  2. Lovely, can't wait to paint my nails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Which color are you going to use next? :) Thanks for the comment! <3

      Delete
  3. I appreciate your honest review! The descriptions and pics are really helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I really appreciate the feedback!! :D

      Delete
  4. Excellent review! So honest and in depth! Definitely helpful & great swatches too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment/feedback and for reading! I really appreciate it!! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I really appreciate it! <3

      Delete
  6. Wow,I really like these polishes. I need to get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and commenting!! They are very pretty! :D

      Delete
  7. Oh wow!! Alison is such a beautiful polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment!! I agree! It's a great hot pink!! <3

      Delete
  8. love this this is pretty I really really like the pink great job a olivia xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda!! You are too sweet! xoxo <3

      Delete

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3